Alana went swimming in our pool for the first time today. We went out to the pool after taking naps this afternoon. Xin Yi and I did not want to wake up from our naps, but I told Victor to be sure that we didn't sleep more than two hours. I had a terrible time waking Xin Yi up from her nap, and she started crying and was very, very unhappy with me. I put her swimsuit on and then we had to apply sunblock to everyone. She pouted and cried the whole time. I kept thinking she would snap out of it when we got to the pool, but she still cried for a while longer. Once she saw Victor, Collin and Dylan in the pool having a good time -- she stopped crying and watched from the sidelines. She sat on the side of the pool and then on the steps for a little while. She wouldn't play with the balls, but when the water guns came out she was interested. She started smiling and laughing as she squirted Collin. Collin went down the slide and Xin Yi followed soon after. That was the first time she had been submerged in the water and let me tell you -- the water was COLD! She wanted out immediately, but continued to play with Victor and Collin (I was helping Dylan to warm up after his swim). She had such a good time playing and was giggling and smiling a lot. It was so fun to watch her.
After swimming, we went out for Mexican food for dinner. I was pretty sure she wouldn't eat anything, but she surprised me. She loves chips and salsa!! She ate a ton of it and a little bit of rice. She wouldn't touch her bean burrito though. I was just excited that she ate something! She wanted to hold daddy's hand going in and out of the restaurant and she wanted to sit by daddy at dinner. I think she realized that daddy is a lot of fun after playing with him in the pool today. Victor was surprised at how messy she is. She got rice, chips, salsa and water everywhere. I was glad she was sitting by him and giving me a break for a change. It was not fun eating out twice a day with a messy four-year-old for 10 days straight! I'm sure it won't be too long before her table manners improve some. (I can hope!)
The rest of the weekend will just be getting to know each other and having a few visitors. Victor will be back to work on Monday, so wish me luck next week!





No comments:
Post a Comment