Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Group Dinner



We had our group dinner tonight at the same Cantonese restaurant that we ate at the first night. The food was even better this time around! Elsie helped order our food and almost every dish was vegetarian and delicious! We had sweet and sour chicken, noodles with carrots, fried rice with egg, baked sweet potato dish, dumplings, bread with vegetables baked in the middle, bread with fruit in the middle and covered with sesame seeds, cakes with custard in the center, lemon tarts, some sort of vegetable dish, broccoli and spring rolls. Xin Yi wanted one of everything, but really only ate the noodles. Immediately after dinner she tried mooching bananas off one of the store clerks while we were shopping! I really don't understand why she doesn't eat more. The first day she ate a huge variety of food and every day since them she has eaten less and less. Now she hardly eats anything at meals and just snacks on crackers and milk in between. Hopefully we'll start to get that straightened out at home.



I can't believe that I will be home in 48 hours! I'm getting terribly excited now!

Tomorrow we go to the U.S. Consulate in the afternoon to take an oath. I've heard the appointment is very quick. The rest of the day is free, so I'll probably be packing and maybe making some last minute purchases. I hope I can fit everything in my suitcases!

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counter
Oriental Trading Free Shipping