Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sharing continued

Sharing is definitely the biggest issue in our house right now. I know it will get better eventually, but some days are easier than others to deal with. Alana is just terrible about sharing with her brothers. If I buy or give her something, she will ask\state 10, 20 or 30 times that it is for her. If I give something to one of the boys and she doesn't get something there is a loud UUUUGGGGHHHH with shoulder slouch and pout. If she has a toy that Dylan wants to play with, she will NOT let him touch it. There will be yelling, screaming and she will run around the house to keep him away from it. Sometimes she fills bags or buckets fulls of toys and hides them. If Collin or Dylan happen upon the stash and she sees them, she will cry and whine up a storm (never mind she wasn't playing with the toys). If Dylan has a toy that she wants however, she will hover over him and continually touch\play with the toy while he is playing with it. I wouldn't mind this if she weren't so adamant that he not even breathe on a toy she is playing with. I guess I just needed to vent a little today. We've had foster kids who were this bad at sharing in the past, but we were able to correct the situations a little faster due to a common language. We could point out to them the double standard they had (which didn't usually help). We also told them that is they didn't share their toys, Collin and Dylan wouldn't share their toys with them. This usually got the point across rather quickly. I haven't resorted to this yet as I don't know that she would understand what I'm trying to teach her. I'm sure we'll have to go there in the future though.


Here is a picture I just took of Alana hovering over Dylan and a toy that she wanted to play with. She tried putting the hat on him and taking the dog, but he screamed. So, she just sat next to him and followed him around the house until he moved on to something else. I just noticed as I was typing this that she has moved on to his new activity. Dylan is drawing at the kitchen table and Alana headed in there with the dog to sit by him. She grabbed the paper and pencil, but gave it back when I came in the room. Dylan tried to touch the dog and received a loud NO and she swung it away from him. Does the fun ever end? I'm going to get all this on video soon because I know it won't be this bad forever and someday it will be funny (especially when she is older and brings her boyfriend over to hang out).


No comments:

 

Free Hit Counter
Oriental Trading Free Shipping