We got home yesterday afternoon to a very sad message on our answering machine. Maybe some of you remember Tony and Remi -- the two boys we fostered so many years ago. Well, Remi called to tell us that Tony died on Monday. He was at a party and playing around with a gun and shot himself. We called Remi back right away, but it is still taking time for this news to sink in. We loved those boys so much. Tony was the sweetest, happiest, most adorable little boy. He made friends so easily and made us laugh every day. He was truly a joy to be around. He was so smart too and I remember thinking that he could be anything he wanted to be when he got older. I envisioned him as president or an astronaut or something. I never in a million years pictured his life ending so young. At least one of us will be attending his funeral service. They will either be having it this weekend or early next week. Here are some pictures of Tony from almost 8 years ago when he was 10 years old.
Remi also told us that he is now a father. His baby was born in March, but was very premature and is still in the NICU at KU Med. I didn't get any more details because I was still in shock over the news on Tony. He is supposed to call us back with the funeral details and I will post more information when I have it.







No comments:
Post a Comment