We had dinner the other night at Rainforest Cafe. We met our friends Jennifer and Joey and their kids Alex and Lauren. It is funny that Jennifer and Joey are both from KC, but we met them while Joey and Victor were in the Army stationed in Texas!
Collin adores Alex and followed his every move. It was Alex's 10th birthday and Collin's 8th birthday is next weekend. The boys had their new ages put on balloon hats and the girls both got balloon animals. Dylan still puts everything in his mouth, so no balloon for the baby!
Joey will be deploying overseas soon. It is hard knowing that our friends and their children will be separated for so long. I still remember when Victor was sent to Kuwait for 2 1/2 months early in our marriage. I did not handle it well at all! I am so grateful for all of the U.S. soldiers and for their families. I know that their jobs and family lives are challenging. We are thinking of them and pray that this conflict ends soon and everyone comes home safe and sound!!



No comments:
Post a Comment