Sunday, September 30, 2007

Baby Take a Shower & Trucks Take a Bath

It has been an exhausting weekend! The kids loved every bit of it, but were all worn down tonight. We are going to take it easy the next couple of days.

On Saturday I attended a baby shower with Alana for my cousin and his wife who are expecting in December. What should have been a 35 minute drive took an hour and 15 minutes due to road construction. Ugh!! Alana did pretty well though and had me cracking up on the way there.

When we first hit the traffic and were sitting completely still on the highway, Alana noticed the fumes from the big trucks around us. She kept complaining about the smell. I told her it was the stinky trucks. A little while later she told me that the trucks need to take a bath! How cute is that?

She also had a really difficult time comprehending a baby shower. She knows what babies are and she knows what I'm doing when I tell her I'm going to "take a shower." She kept calling the baby shower a "baby take a shower." She also kept asking me about the present we were taking. She thought she was going to get to open it. I explained it was for the baby. So, then she thought the baby was going to open the present. I tried my best to explain that the baby was still in her mommy's tummy and she couldn't see the baby. I don't know how much (if any) of that she understood. She had a good time anyway and looked adorable in her pink dress.


No comments:

 

Free Hit Counter
Oriental Trading Free Shipping