I've noticed that over the past few months Victor and I have started competing over time with Collin. Victor loves to go in the backyard and play soccer with Collin and take him to the batting cages to hit some baseballs. Collin loves sports and likes to watch sports with his dad on TV and loves even more to attend live sporting events. I thought for sure he was going to be a sports junkie like his dad.
HOWEVER, he has always had a thing for acting and specifically likes musicals. This is definitely mom territory. I don't like to act, but I love to watch movies and I really like musicals as well. Last year Collin watched The Sound of Music on TV and I ended up checking it out from the library because he liked it so well. He also loved the Beauty and the Beast production at Disney World, but he liked the theater in the park production we saw in Gladstone even more (probably because Victor's uncle and cousin were cast members). I took him to another Beauty and the Beast production at a local high school recently. He walks around singing "Gaston" and "Be Our Guest" all the time. We also watched "High School Musical" and the new "Hairspray" movie recently and he loved them both, but is now a huge "High School Musical" fan. It is so cute! I am going to sign him up for an acting class in January and probably a summer camp next year as well.
Victor had the great idea to get Collin some partial season tickets to the Royals. I told him I could do better and get season tickets to Starlight! Yep -- the boxing gloves are on!
I wish the other kids, and specifically Alana, could participate in some of this. However, they are really just too little and wiggly. I took Collin and Alana to a drum line performance recently. Alana fidgeted in her seat the whole time and kept asking if it was over. It will be at least two years before I try that again with her. Even though she is almost five, sometimes I think she has the attention span of a two or three year old. She is also far more wiggly than Dylan. It is crazy that a 4-year-old girl can make an active 2-year-old boy look like a bump on a log, but somehow she does. I'm enrolling her in gymnastics next month and I think it will be fun to watch her. I look forward to the time when we can go do more things together. Even shopping isn't the most fun with her right now. She is just such a free spirit and can't focus on one thing for more than a short while. Oh well, we'll get there someday.
Until then, Victor and I fight over our 8-year-old who can actually sit still. Will he be a athlete or a thespian? I hope he is both!!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
he'll be a drummer... you know it
Of course! What was I thinking!?!
Post a Comment