Thursday, August 21, 2008

Moody

I think full-day kindergarten is catching up to Alana. However, instead of sitting around because she is tired, she is active as ever but VERY moody! Yesterday evening was filled with her shoving me, yelling at Collin, and slamming doors. I do not allow her to act like a diva, so she is either ridiculously tired or she is getting away with acting up at school and wants to try it out at home as well. She went to bed really early last night and seemed to feel better this morning.

Alana is riding the bus to school (per her request\demand). Unfortunately, because she is not attending the local elementary she has to be bussed to one with ESL services that is further away. She is the first one on the bus in the morning and the last one off at night and rides the bus for 45-50 minutes each way. My friend suggested I send an activity for her to do on the bus, but I'm coming up blank. She destroyed her bus tag that is safety pinned to her shirt by the end of the second day. I'm sure whatever I give her will be lost or destroyed by the time she gets home, so I'm trying to figure out what I can send. I think I am going to ask her bus driver tonight if she has any suggestions. Any paper I give Alana will be torn into tiny pieces on the bus and I'm sure the driver won't appreciate that. Alana was wearing tights the other day and ripped several large holes in the them on the way home from Chinese school on Sunday (I need to blog about that later). If anyone has any suggestions, please post in the comments.

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counter
Oriental Trading Free Shipping