I'm back on track with Alana's reading program. I started it earlier this year and then we got busy with the house and I slacked off big time. We finished lesson 33 of 100 tonight, so hopefully we will be very close to finishing before school starts in mid-August. That is my goal anyway!
It is funny sometimes because there are certain sounds that are still very difficult for Alana (r's for example). She also can not say the "L" sound in isolation to save her life. She can say words that start with "L" but she can not say just the "L" sound. So, when she is sounding out words, she says something like "eh" for "L". So, reading the word "little" it sounds like "eh" "i" "tt" "eh" and then she says "little" almost perfectly. Fill sounds like "f" "i" "eh" and then she says "fill". It is pretty funny really. I'm guessing this is the sort of stuff they will work with her on in school during her English as a Second Language sessions, but then again maybe not. Maybe they just do vocabulary with her and she will need speech therapy or just a lot more time to perfect some of the more difficult sounds. Time will tell I guess!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment